Lamington Eton Mess
8-10 homemade or store bought meringues
350g lamingtons - single, jam filled, or lamington roll
750g mixed berries - strawberries, blueberries, raspberries & blackberries
6 tbs vanilla or amaretto Galliano (or liqueur of your choice) or use orange juice for non-alcoholic
600ml pure cream
2 tbs vanilla extract
For decoration - fresh mint, finely chopped dark chocolate & cherries
1. In a large bowl combine the mixed berries, 3 tbs of liqueur (or orange juice), and 1 tbs of vanilla paste, then set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whip the cream, 1 tbs vanilla, and 3 tbs of liqueur (or orange juice) until soft peaks form.
3. Fold the mascarpone into the cream mixture then set aside.
4. To assemble, arrange half of the meringues and lamingtons into a serving dish. Top with a few dollops of cream and berries. Top with the remaining meringues, lamingtons, cream and berries.
5. Finally add fresh mint, cherries, and chopped dark chocolate.
Serve immediately and enjoy